Monday, May 6, 2013

Crescent Roll Chicken


Where did last week go???  I had planned to blog several recipes...didn't happen.


I have made this twice and we love it!  Even Baby Bear loves it.  He's 8 months old.  He's not into pureed baby food.  Give that boy some real food!


He eats as much as our 3-year-old.


Is this normal?  Is this because he's a boy?  Or is it because he has some rolls (and I don't mean crescent rolls) to maintain?


This chicken is super quick and easy to throw together.


Just mix up the filling, roll it up in crescent rolls, pour some sauce on top and bake.


It's very good!  Serve with something green so you don't feel quite as guilty about eating crescents, cheese and sauce.





Crescent Roll Chicken
Adapted from Food.com

8 oz. can crescent rolls
10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 T butter
1 onion, diced
4 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp seasoning salt

1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for topping

Melt the butter in a skillet and saute onion over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft.  Add the cream cheese, garlic powder, black pepper and seasoning salt.  Stir until combined.  Stir in the chicken.  Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and roll equally in the 8 crescent rolls.

Place crescent rolls in a greased 7x11 baking dish.  In a bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.  Spread on top of the chicken rolls.  Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar on top.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes until cooked through.

4 comments:

Sandy Hamblin said...

Sounds like a true winner, especially for my cheesy creamy family!!! I can't wait to try, but I have a question? I just recently learned that there are 2 sizes of crescent rolls...and I don't want to make a mistake!!!! :) Thanks! Sandy H..

Elizabeth said...

I used an 8 oz. can. I didn't know they came in 2 sizes. I'll update my recipe. Thank you!

Brynn said...

Made this too and it is delicious and sooo easy!! You are my go to chef when I know I need something GOOD!!!

Elizabeth said...

Glad you liked it, Brynn! Thanks for your encouragement!