Monday, January 2, 2012

Rosemary-Garlic Butter Rolls


Happy New Year, y'all!

I'm so not into New Year's resolutions.  Basically they all involve some sort of healthier lifestyle, of which I'm simply uninterested.


I am perfectly happy with my butter consumption, thankyouverymuch.




So I present to you Rosemary Garlic Butter rolls.  Yeasty goodness, slathered with - you guessed it - rosemary and garlic and butter.


I'm not going to apologize, even if you did vow to eat healthier.  Your problem, not mine.

So I got the idea for these from PW.  (And if you haven't read this post, read it post-haste.  Hilarious.)


I just added garlic to my rolls, because if I did resolve one thing, it would be to have garlic breath every day this year.


I practiced that last week by eating tzatziki every day.  Yum.

Oh!  And just so you know, I tried out the "quick-rise" method detailed on the back of my dough balls package, and it worked like a charm.  Perfect rolls in like 1/5 of the time.  Even procrastinators can enjoy yeast rolls for dinner!



Rosemary-Garlic Butter Rolls
Adapted from Pioneer Woman


9 frozen yeast roll balls (I used Rhodes brand, but the store brand works fine)
1/2 stick butter
1 clove garlic, grated
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
Sprinkle of coarse salt and pepper


Spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.  Place the rolls in the dish, evenly spaced.  Allow the rolls to rise according to the directions on the back of the package.  (I used the quick-rise method, which involved preheating the oven to 200 degrees, turning it off, placing a boiling pot of water on the second oven rack and the pan of rolls on the top shelf.  Allow the rolls to rise for an hour, until they double in size.)


While the rolls rise, make the garlic butter: melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small dish and add the grated garlic, stirring to combine.


When the rolls are at least double their original size, remove them from the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Spread the garlic butter evenly on top of each roll.  Sprinkle the rosemary evenly on top and then finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

Bake for about 15-18 minutes until the rolls are golden and cooked through.  Place a pat of butter on top of each roll immediately.  Serve as soon as the butter melts.

No comments: