Friday, December 23, 2011

Swiss Cheese and Chive Cracker Spread


Swiss cheese is one of those things.  You either love it or you hate it.

I'm in the love category.  I grew up with Swiss; actually, it's the only kind of cheese that was ever in our refrigerator's deli drawer.  It was sink or swim at our house.


I've converted my husband, as I married him when he was a Swiss-cheese hater.




I made this for a party I had last weekend.  And there was about five shreds remaining in the bowl.  So I guess people liked it.


Let's be real here.

What's not to like about cheese, mayonnaise and crackers?

It's Christmas Eve's Eve!  I've got one more very special recipe for you tomorrow!  And then it will be CHRISTMAS!

Swiss Cheese and Chive Cracker Spread
Adapted from the Bunny Cookbook


14 oz. block Swiss cheese, grated with a fine grater (about 3 1/2 cups grated)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
.66 oz. package chives, sliced fine
Pinch salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Ritz crackers, for serving

Mix ingredients together and chill for at least an hour before serving.  Before serving, let the spread sit on the counter for a few minutes to take the chill off.  It is easier to spread on crackers if it's not straight from the refrigerator.  Serve with Ritz.

No comments: