Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sugar & Spice Rosemary Cashews

I've had a small issue this year with our Christmas tree.


It's called I forget to water the poor tree.  Repeatedly.

Which means that my cats haven't had any water to drink, either.

Since the only good water in this house comes either from the toilet or the Christmas tree stand.  Just ask The Brothers.


So anyway, this recipe reminds me of my Christmas tree.


Because the heaps of pine needles surrounding my dehydrated Christmas tree look like rosemary.  And I always feel like I'm eating pine needles when I eat rosemary.  Really fabulous pine needles.  It's weird, and it's so fabulously delicious that when I buy a package, I want to sprinkle the stuff on everything.


These nuts are the perfect combo of sweet, heat, and herbs.

I served these at a party this weekend, and everyone loved them.


At least, I think they did.

I had three nuts left, so I'm assuming they were loved.

Merry Christmas Eve, Y'all!  Cook something yummy for your family.


Rosemary-Brown Sugar Cashews
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa


1 lb. roasted and salted cashews
2 T finely minced rosemary leaves
2 T brown sugar
2 T melted butter
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Spread the cashews in a single layer on a sheet pan.  Roast in a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes, until the nuts are hot.  In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.  Toss the hot cashews with the butter mixture.  Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments: