Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chicken Florentine

I'm still recovering from Thanksgiving.


I'm not even sure why, because it was a wonderful weekend, one of my favorites of the whole year.


But I'm trying to act normal, so I made this for dinner.


It's good for you, since it's got so much spinach.  And my kids love it, which makes me happy.


And my husband loves it, which makes me even happier.


Don't forget the cheese, like I almost did.

And serve it with some kind of rice or orzo, because it's just good that way.


Chicken Florentine
Adapted from Paula Deen

1 onion, diced
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 T butter
16 oz. bag frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar
Juice from one lemon
1 T curry powder
1/2 tsp pepper

Saute the onion and mushrooms in the butter for about 10 minutes, until they are tender.  Mix together the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.  Pour into a greased casserole dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes, until very bubbly.  Serve with rice or orzo.

No comments: